What is it?
An Enhanced Version of Starry Night College, The Leading Interactive Astronomy Application for Higher Education!
Textbook Level: Two-Semester, Introductory Astronomy
Audience: Science Majors, Non-Science Majors
Everything You Need to Start Teaching Astronomy 101!
- A complete digital learning solution.
- All simulations, comprehensive exercises, questions and course management tools are built into your textbook.
- Easy integrations with your Learning Management System (LMS) and Single User Login.
- Designed for minimal prep and easy teaching, so you can focus on what you love to do.
- Anywhere, anytime, on any device.
Why Adopt the New Starry Night College Curriculum?
- Free for Professors and Instructors
- $29.95 for Students
- Compatible with PCs/Macs, Chromebooks & Tablets
- Works with your Learning Management System.
- Convenient Pairing of Starry Night with a Digital Textbook
- Always Updated Automatically
- Easily Assign Exercises with the Click of a Button
- Integrated Question & Scoring
- Customize Lessons on the Fly
- Create, Save & Share Events
- More Than 70 Exercises, Endless Interactions
- Science & Universe, Birth of Astronomy, Orbits & Gravity
- Earth-Moon-Sky, Radiation & Spectra, Instruments, Other Worlds
- Earth as a Planet, Cratered Worlds, Earth-like Planets, Giants
- Rings-Moons-Pluto, Comets-Asteroids-Solar System
- Origin of the Solar System, The Sun, Analyzing Starlight, the Stars
- Celestial Distances, Between the Stars - Gas and Dust
- Birth of Stars, Age of Stars, Death of Stars, Black Holes
- Milky Way Galaxies, Active Galaxies and Quasars
- Evolution of Galaxies, Big Bang, Life in the Universe, and More!
Includes Professor's Edition free with commitment students in class will purchase as required course material. Starry Night College Digital Textbook Operates for One Year.
We Work with Bookstores for Bulk Code Resale (B&N, Follett, Others)
We Accept School Purchase Orders
For questions and quotes regarding more years or classrooms/professors/sites, please contact us below:
Starry Night College Textbook is integrated with OpenStax Astronomy and has been designed to meet the scope and sequence requirements of one- or two-semester introductory astronomy courses.
The Starry Night College Textbook begins with relevant scientific fundamentals and progresses through an exploration of the solar system, stars, galaxies, and cosmology. The digital textbook builds student understanding through the use of relevant analogies, clear and non-technical explanations, and rich illustrations. Mathematics is included in a flexible manner to meet the needs of individual instructors.
Simulation Curriculum has enhanced the original offering of OpenStax Astronomy by adding engaging interactive simulations, a special web version of Starry Night (the leading astronomy simulation software for College level courses), images, interactive student self-assessments, and a dynamic glossary.
The textbook is accessible on our custom learning platform that enables instructors to assign activities, and integrate the textbook into their preferred Learning Management System (LMS).