The Layered Earth Physical Geography provides a student-focused, rich multi-media environment that includes lessons, interactive computer simulations, innovative exercises, numerous extensions and connections, and assessment activities. Engaging visualizations and rich pedagogy appeal to a wide variety of students and teaching styles.
Five Important Advantages of Layered Earth Physical Geography
- No need to update software. You are always using the latest version every time you login.
- Easier installation and maintenance.
- Works over the internet with a modern web browser.
- Accessible on most devices, including Desktop Computers, iPads, Chromebooks, and Tablets.
- Eliminates the need for your IT department to maintain the software.
What Makes Layered Earth Physical Geography Great!
- 50+ lessons correlated to your textbook and curriculum
- Clear articulation of learner expectations for each lesson through the use of an introductory Guiding Question, bulleted Key Concepts, and a Lesson Summary highlighting the main points of review
- An attractive learning environment with clear and easy to follow progression of concepts
- Accurate and innovative visualizations and simulations that engage students and illustrate and enhance basic concepts
- In-depth discovery exercises that foster observation, measurement, mathematical and analytical thinking skills
- Pre- and post-assessment activities to test student knowledge and learning and reinforce basic concepts
- Incorporates learner strategies from current educational research such as anticipation guides, multiple intelligences and graphic organizers
- Numerous links and extensions for a rich learning environment that provide connections to mathematics, literacy, history, travel, and STSE (Science, Technology, Society and the Environment)
- Teachable Moments feature keeps content fresh and relevant by providing educators with auto updates of new lessons, exercises, simulations, and phenomena!
- Maps, Remote Sensing and GIS
- Earth's Energy Balance
- The Atmosphere, Weather and Climate Systems
- Tectonic Processes and Landforms
- Volcanism and Landforms
- Weathering and Mass Movements
- Groundwater Landscapes
- Fluvial, Eolian, Glacial and Coastal Processes
- Biomes, Plant Geography and Soils
Layered Earth Physical Geography operates for one year.