Stunningly realistic, Starry Night Pro immerses you in the wonders of the universe. A new layer of over 100 interactive, multimedia tours reveal the fascinating science and history of stars, providing a deeper understanding of the universe. An elegant, easy-to use interface with Universal Search lets you quickly tap into a new and improved suite of features. All the tools you need—events finder, computerized telescope control, observation planner, customizable equipment list, built-in ephemeris generator, printable 180-degree star charts— are at your fingertips. Powerful and fast, this program with access to 500 million stars and 1 million galaxies is a feast for your senses and fuel for your imagination.
Tons of New Features Included in the All New Version 7!
- Expanded asteroid catalog with highlighted/highlightable families and groups.
- Updated Equipment List includes the latest telescopes, eyepieces, and accessories.
- Analemma can now be drawn on a planets surface
- Exclusive Extragalactic 3D Database includes over 100,000 galaxies encompassing over 1 billion lights years of space
- New Photorealistic Horizon Panoramas make you feel like you are there.
- All known exoplanets as 3D bodies with proper location, size, orbit and planetary texture
- Stunning new user interface with Universal Search, locates sky objects, favourite files, SkyGuide pages, options, events, and more.
- New highly detailed surface textures of planets and major moons
- All stars accurately rendered as 3-dimensional bodies with classification-appropriate color, texture and relative radii.
- Expanded set of “Space Missions” including 30 new detailed and accurate 3D models of spacecraft and their trajectories. Updates to new/ongoing missions.
- The most precise planetary positions available (using Jet Propulsion Laboratory, JPL-DE-422 ephemerides.)
- 3500 unique object text descriptions for stars, planets, moons, satellites, exoplanets, space missions, deep sky objects and, more.
- Restyled SkyGuide with updated tours and media
- Home Location set by IP Address automatically*
- Advanced Planet Rendering for terrain shadows, specular reflections on water, and city night lights on dark side (Earth only).
- Updated Messier catalog with new visually stunning images for star clusters, nebulae, and galaxies.
Other Features of Starry Night Pro 7:
Please click here if you are interested in reading more about Starry Night Pro 7!
- Observational Planner
- Ephemeris Generator
- Graph Tool
- Telescope Control
- Equpment List
- FOV Indicators
- Image Editor
- 180 degrees field of view
- Advanced Guides (hour Angle, Precession, Galactic/Extra-Galactic)
- Path Options (Celestial and Local Paths)
- Orbit Editor
- Night Vision
- Advanced Light Pollution Settings
- Location Markers and Surface Feature Outlines
- 12 Milky Way Spectrums
- Travel in time from 99,999 BCE to 99,999 ACE
- Millions of DeepSky Object Databases
- Explore 16 million stars
- Celestial Event Finder
- Download links and/or DVD-ROM of Starry Night software for Windows and Macintosh
- Starry Night Companion, a 192-page illustrated astronomy e-book (embedded within the program)
- New, comprehensive 210-page User's Guide e-book (embedded within the program)
WindowsTM 7 or higher / MacintoshTM OS X 10.7 or higher. 1GHz or higher processor, 1 GB RAM and 4 GB of hard disk space. 128 MB OpenGL 1.4 capable graphics card.