Please note that the student download requires purchase of the Instructor's Edition.
The award-winning Starry Night Middle School is now available for students to download on their home and personal computers. Great for virtual classrooms, perfect for homework, ideal for independent observation.
Starry Night provides:
* Lessons plans correlated to state and national standards that meet curriculum needs
* Accurate visualizations and simulations that allow students to make precise observations of Moon phases, motions of the Sun and planets and much more
* Interactive computer exercises and hands-on activities that encourage questioning, experimentation and exploration and accommodate diverse learning styles
* Pre- and post-assessment resources with recommendations for improved student performance
* Flexible teaching models for easy adaptation to pacing and classroom needs
* Opportunities to develop key skills: observation, data collection, analytical thinking and discovery
* Extensions that connect to topics in math, physics, language arts, social studies and technology
Winner of ComputED's Best Educational Software Award, Starry Night has been hailed by reviewers and educators for providing "such unique and compelling experiences that it is destined to change lives."
- Earth, Moon and Sun
- Solar System
- The Planets
- Small Solar System Bodies
- Star Finding and Constellations
- The Sun as a Star
- The Stars
- Galaxies and the Universe
- Space Exploration and Technology
If you are interested in a multi-user license, please call 877-290-8256
To run Starry Night Middle School you need:
Windows: Requires Windows XP, Vista, 7 or 8: 500 MHz or higher processor, 128 MB RAM and 900 MB of hard disk space. 32 MB OpenGL capable graphics card. Minimum recommended monitor resolution of 1024 x 768 pixels.
Macintosh: Universal Binary runs natively on Intel and PPC Macintosh computers. Requires OS X 10.3.9 or higher, G3 450 MHz or higher processor, 128 MB RAM and 900 MB of hard disk space. Will not run on OS 9.x or earlier. 32 MB OpenGL capable graphics card. Minimum recommended monitor resolution of 1024 x 768 pixels.
Basic support for joysticks recognized by Windows XP and Mac OS X.
Requirements for Video DVD: Home DVD player and TV, or computer with DVD player.