Please note that the student download requires purchase of the Instructor's Edition.
The award-winning Starry Night High School is now available for students to download on their home and personal computers. Great for virtual classrooms, perfect for homework, ideal for independent observation.
Starry Night High School for grades 9-12 is the only space science curriculum that combines an interactive sky simulator, lesson plans correlated to state and national standards and extensive teacher resources in one easy-to-use package.
Correlated to all fifty state standards, Starry Night High School has proven to be a highly effective instructional tool that guides teachers and engages students in their explorations and understanding of the Universe.
Starry Night provides:
* Built-in Lesson plans correlated to state and national standards that meet curriculum needs
* Accurate visualizations and simulations that allow students to make precise observations of Moon phases, motions of the Sun and planets, seasons, eclipses and much more
* Interactive computer exercises and hands-on activities that encourage questioning, experimentation and exploration and accommodate diverse learning styles
* Pre- and post-assessment resources with recommendations for improved student performance
* Flexible teaching models for easy adaptation to pacing and classroom needs
* Opportunities to develop key skills: observation, data collection, analytical thinking and discovery
* Extensions that connect to topics in math, physics, language arts, social studies and technology
Winner of ComputED's Best Educational Software Award, Starry Night has been hailed by reviewers and educators for providing "such unique and compelling experiences that it is destined to change lives."
Features and Benefits
If you are interested in a multi-user license, please call 877-290-8256
To run Starry Night High School you need:
Windows: Requires Windows XP, Vista, 7 or 8, 500 MHz or higher processor, 128 MB RAM and 2 GB of hard disk space. 64 MB OpenGL 1.4 capable graphics card (OpenGL 2.0 is required for features like shaded sky and animated grass). Minimum recommended monitor resolution of 1024x768. DVD-ROM drive required for installation.
Recommended Graphics Card: 128 MB nVidia GeForce 6600 (or higher) or ATI Radeon X800 or higher.
Macintosh: Universal Binary runs natively on Intel and PPC Macintosh computers. Requires OS X 10.3.9 or higher, G3 450 MHz or higher processor, 128 MB RAM and 2 GB of hard disk space. Will not run on OS 9.x or earlier. 64 MB OpenGL 1.4 capable graphics card (OpenGL 2.0 is required for features like shaded sky and animated grass). Minimum recommended monitor resolution of 1024x768. DVD-ROM drive required for installation.
Basic support for joysticks recognized by Windows XP and Mac OS X.
Requirements for Video DVD: Home DVD player and TV, or computer with DVD player.