Layered Earth is the ideal companion to your Earth Science textbook. The most difficult to visualize principles and concepts in geology are illustrated through interactive computer simulations and innovative exercises.
- 26 Comprehensive Exercises correlated to your textbook.
- Accurate and Innovative Simulations that engage students, illustrate and enhance basic concepts.
- In-depth Discovery Exercises that foster data collection and analytical thinking skills.
- User-Friendly tools for learning the basic principles and concepts of geology.
- "Try This!" and "What Do You Think?" Activities to encourage exploration and critical thinking.
- Links and Extensions provide connections to mathematics, literacy, history, travel, and STSE (Science, Technology, Society, and the Environment).
Windows: Requires Windows XP, Vista, 7 or 8 (Important: not compatible with Windows 8 RT), 1 GHz or higher processor, 1 GB RAM and 5 GB of hard disk space. 128 MB OpenGL capable graphics card. Minimum recommended monitor resolution of 1024 x 768 pixels.
Macintosh: Requires OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) or higher, Intel based processor, 1 GB RAM and 5 GB of hard disk space. Will not run on OS 10.5 or earlier. 128 MB OpenGL capable graphics card. Minimum recommended monitor resolution of 1024 x 768 pixels.