For Middle and High School Grades 5-8 and 9-12
Layered Earth Meteorology
The Educational Advantage for Teaching Weather and Climate in Middle School/High School.
Layered Earth is a complete simulation-based teaching solution for Earth Science. It provides a student-focused, rich multi-media environment that includes lessons, interactive computer simulations, innovative exercises, numerous extensions and connections, and assessment activities.
20+ Lesson Plans correlated to state, and national standards that meet curriculum needs
- Clear articulation of Learner Expectations for each lesson through the use of an introductory Guiding Questions, bulleted Key Concepts, and a Lesson Summary highlighting the main points of review
- An attractive learning environment with clear and easy to follow Progression of Concepts
- Accurate and innovative Visualizations, and Simulations that engage students and illustrate and enhance basic concepts
- In-depth Discovery Exercises that foster observation, measurement, mathematical, and analytical thinking skills
- Pre- and Post-Assessment Activities to test student knowledge and learning, and reinforce basic concepts
- Incorporates Learner Strategies from current educational research such as anticipation guides, multiple intelligences, and graphic organizers
- Numerous Links and Extensions for rich learning environment that provide connections to mathematics, literacy, history, travel, and STSE (Science, Technology, Society, and the Environment)
- The Atmosphere
- Earth's Energy Balance
- Atmospheric Circulation
- Climate Change
Layered Earth Geology
The Educational Advantage for Teaching Earth Science in Middle School/High School.
Layered Earth integrates your Earth Science curriculum with the latest technology to prepare your students for the skills they'll need in the 21st Century. In a dynamic environment, through step-by-step computer explorations, activities and resources, you''ll guide your students through a geological journey that will rock their world.
Enable your students to envision Earth as a whole system. Show them tectonic plate boundaries, mountain ranges, volcanoes, earthquakes, mineral resources and biomes. Dive into the Earth's core, slice open a volcano or watch rocks transform. They'll even witness the changing shapes of Earth's major landmasses throughout history!
Manipulating models is an effective way to investigate scientific ideas, especially when dealing with things that are very slow, fast, large or small. With Layered Earth, you'll give your students a virtual model of Earth that can be measured, manipulated and visualized, to build a deeper understanding of how the Earth system works.
Layered Earth includes our interactive Earth Science software and Teachers' Guide with full curricular support.
Features and Benefits