Award-winning Starry Night Middle School for grades 5-8 is the only space science curriculum that combines an interactive sky simulator, lesson plans correlated to state and national standards and extensive teacher resources in one easy-to-use package.
Starry Night education titles are now optimized for SMART Boards and have been awarded SMART Technologies' highest level of accreditation: SMART Board Application Elite.
Winner of ComputED's Best Educational Software Award, Starry Night has been hailed by reviewers and educators for providing "such unique and compelling experiences that it is destined to change lives."
Starry Night Provides:
* Lessons plans correlated to state and national standards that meet curriculum needs
* Accurate visualizations and simulations that allow students to make precise observations of Moon phases, motions of the Sun and planets and much more
* Interactive computer exercises and hands-on activities that encourage questioning, experimentation and exploration and accommodate diverse learning styles
* Pre- and post-assessment resources with recommendations for improved student performance
* Flexible teaching models for easy adaptation to pacing and classroom needs
* Opportunities to develop key skills: observation, data collection, analytical thinking and discovery
* Extensions that connect to topics in math, physics, language arts, social studies and technology
Version 7 Updates:
*All Exercises underwent a comprehensive review and update
*Exercises have been enhanced with Guiding Questions, Key Concepts, Did You Know's, and dozens of new images to help illustrate phenomena
*Expanded asteroid catalog with highlighted/highlightable families and groups
*Updated Equipment List includes the latest telescopes, eyepieces, and accessories
*Analemma can now be drawn on a planets surface
*Exclusive Extragalactic 3D Database includes over 100,000 galaxies encompassing over 1 billion lights years of space
*New Photorealistic Horizon Panoramas make you feel like you are there
*All known exoplanets as 3D bodies with proper location, size, orbit and planetary texture
*Stunning new user interface with Universal Search, locates sky objects, favourite files, SkyGuide pages, options, events, and more
*New highly detailed surface textures of planets and major moons
*All stars accurately rendered as 3-dimensional bodies with classification-appropriate color, texture and relative radii
*Expanded set of “Space Missions” including 30 new detailed and accurate 3D models of spacecraft and their trajectories. Updates to new/ongoing missions
*The most precise planetary positions available (using Jet Propulsion Laboratory, JPL-DE-422 ephemerides)
*3500 unique object text descriptions for stars, planets, moons, satellites, exoplanets, space missions, deep sky objects and, more
*Restyled SkyGuide with updated tours and media
*Home Location set by IP Address automatically*
*Advanced Planet Rendering for terrain shadows, specular reflections on water, and city night lights on dark side (Earth only)
*Updated Messier catalog with new visually stunning images for star clusters, nebulae, and galaxies.
State adopted, Starry Night Middle School has proven to be a highly effective instructional tool that guides teachers and engages students in their explorations and understanding of the Universe.