This is a standalone student companion to Starry Night College (Professor Edition). Use it with your introductory astronomy textbook or on its own.
Available immediately upon purchase as a digital download, this product requires a 4-digit referral code given to you by your teacher.
Starry Night College contains a correlated higher education module including 45 embedded exercises joined to hundreds of customized simulations. Starry Night College helps you teach a more satisfying course by making it easy for your students to visually grasp the concepts of astronomy.
What Makes Starry Night College Great!
Teachable Moments feature keeps content fresh and relevant by providing educators with auto updates of new lessons, exercises, simulations, and phenomena!
- Built-in Lesson plans correlated to state and national standards that meet curriculum needs
- Accurate visualizations and simulations that allow students to make precise observations of Moon phases, motions of the Sun and planets, seasons, eclipses and much more
- Interactive computer exercises and hands-on activities that encourage questioning, experimentation and exploration and accommodate diverse learning styles Pre- and post-assessment resources with recommendations for improved student performance
- Flexible teaching models for easy adaptation to pacing and classroom needs
- Opportunities to develop key skills: observation, data collection, analytical thinking and discovery
- Extensions that connect to topics in math, physics, language arts, social studies and technology
- Celestial sphere
- Coordinate systems
- Lunar and solar eclipses
- Precession and nutation
- Dwarf planets
- Retrograde motion
- Asteroids and comets
- Stellar parallax
- Hertzsprung-Russell diagram
- Redshift and the expansion of the universe
- And much more!
Windows 7 or higher / Macintosh OS X 10.7 or higher. 1GHz or higher processor, 1 GB RAM and 4 GB of hard disk space. 128 MB OpenGL 1.4 capable graphics card.
For questions and quotes regarding more years or classrooms/sites, please contact us below: