Five Important Advantages of Layered Earth Meteorology
Why Layered Earth Meteorology is Great!
- No need to update software. You are always using the latest version every time you login.
- Easier installation and maintenance.
- Works over the internet with a modern web browser.
- Accessible on most devices, including Desktop Computers, iPads, Chromebooks, and Tablets.
- Eliminates the need for your IT department to maintain the software.
35+ Lesson Plans correlated to state, and national standards that meet curriculum need
- Clear articulation of Learner Expectations for each lesson through the use of an introductory Guiding Questions, bulleted Key Concepts, and a Lesson Summary highlighting the main points of review
- An attractive learning environment with clear and easy to follow Progression of Concepts
Accurate and innovative Visualizations and Simulations that engage students and illustrate and enhance basic concepts
In-depth Discovery Exercises that foster observation, measurement, mathematical, and analytical thinking skills
Pre- and Post-Assessment Activities to test student knowledge and learning, and reinforce basic concepts
- Incorporates Learner Strategies from current educational research such as anticipation guides, multiple intelligences, and graphic organizers
Numerous Links and Extensions for rich learning environment that provide connections to mathematics, literacy, history, travel and STSE (Science, Technology, Society, and the Environment)
Teachable Moments feature keeps content fresh and relevant by providing educators with auto updates of new lessons, exercises, simulations, and phenomena!
Manipulating models is an effective way to investigate scientific ideas, especially when dealing with things that are very slow, fast, large or small. With Layered Earth, you'll give your students a virtual model of Earth that can be measured, manipulated and visualized, to build a deeper understanding of how the Earth system works.
- The Atmosphere
- Earth's Energy Balance
- Atmospheric Circulation
- Climate Change
Layered Earth embraces the 5E method of science instruction and lesson planning: Engage, Explore, Explain, Elaborate and Evaluate. These are the STEM cornerstones of good science. Lessons correlate to both the NGSS (Next Generation Science Standards), the US National Science Education Standards and the Common Framework of Science Learning Outcomes in Canada.
Layered Earth Meteorology operates for one year. Classroom licenses cover one teacher and up to 35 students for the base license.
For questions and quotes regarding more seats, years, subjects or classrooms/sites, please contact us below: