This is a standalone student companion to Starry Night College (Professor Edition). Use it with your introductory astronomy textbook or on its own.
Available immediately upon purchase as a digital download, this product requires a 4-digit referral code given to you by your teacher.
Starry Night College contains a correlated higher education module including 45 embedded exercises joined to hundreds of customized simulations. Starry Night College helps you teach a more satisfying course by making it easy for your students to visually grasp the concepts of astronomy.
What Makes Starry Night College Great!
- Teachable Moments feature keeps content fresh and relevant by providing educators with auto updates of new lessons, exercises, simulations, and phenomena!
- Built-in Lesson plans correlated to state and national standards that meet curriculum needs
- Accurate visualizations and simulations that allow students to make precise observations of Moon phases, motions of the Sun and planets, seasons, eclipses and much more
- Interactive computer exercises and hands-on activities that encourage questioning, experimentation and exploration and accommodate diverse learning styles Pre- and post-assessment resources with recommendations for improved student performance
- Flexible teaching models for easy adaptation to pacing and classroom needs
- Opportunities to develop key skills: observation, data collection, analytical thinking and discovery
- Extensions that connect to topics in math, physics, language arts, social studies and technology
- Celestial sphere
- Coordinate systems
- Lunar and solar eclipses
- Precession and nutation
- Dwarf planets
- Retrograde motion
- Asteroids and comets
- Stellar parallax
- Hertzsprung-Russell diagram
- Redshift and the expansion of the universe
- And much more!
Windows 7 or higher / Macintosh OS X 10.7 or higher. 1GHz or higher processor, 1 GB RAM and 4 GB of hard disk space. 128 MB OpenGL 1.4 capable graphics card.
For questions and quotes regarding more years or classrooms/sites, please contact us below: