Starry Night College is built on our powerful Starry Night Pro astronomy simulation software. It contains all of the incredible features of Pro, plus a correlated higher education module including 45 embedded exercises joined to hundreds of customized simulations.Starry Night College helps you teach a more satisfying course by making it easy for your students to visually grasp the concepts of astronomy.
Starry Night education titles are now optimized for SMART Boards and have been awarded SMART Technologies' highest level of accreditation: SMART Board Application Elite.
Starry Night gives you powerful, accurate, customizable tools to inspire and engage your students.
Starry Night College includes more than 45 computer exercises, complete with dazzling interactive simulations, all fully mapped to top college astronomy textbooks.
The software is readily accessible to an unlimited number of students via the deeply discounted student download version.
* The celestial sphere
* Coordinate systems
* Lunar and solar eclipses
* The analemma
* Precession and nutation
* The dwarf planets
* Retrograde motion
* Asteroids and comets
* The constellations
* Stellar parallax
* The Hertzsprung-Russell diagram
* Redshift and the expansion of the universe
* And more!
* Award-winning, customized, Starry Night Pro Planetarium Software
* Access to unlimited and deeply discounted student download version.
* Professor’s Guide
* Astronomy Companion Guide (PDF)
* 45+ integrated computer exercises
* Library of simulations
* Create movies of your customized simulations and export images
* Student Worksheets and Answer Keys
* Exercises mapped to college astronomy textbooks
* Links, references and suggestions for Online access to additional content and resources
To run Starry Night College you'll need:
Windows: Requires Windows XP, Vista, 7 or 8 (Important: not compatible with Windows 8 RT), 1GHz or higher processor, 512 MB RAM and 2 GB of hard disk space. 64 MB OpenGL capable graphics card.
Minimum recommended monitor resolution of 1024 x 768 pixels.
Macintosh: Universal Binary runs natively on Intel and PPC Macintosh computers. Requires OS X 10.5 or higher, G4 450 MHz or higher processor, 512 MB RAM and 2 GB of hard disk space. Will not run on OS 9.x or earlier. 32 MB OpenGL capable graphics card. Minimum recommended monitor resolution of 1024 x 768 pixels.
Basic support for joysticks recognized by Windows XP and Mac OS X.